What do you need to build the best gingerbread house?
- Structurize your gingerbread house pieces
- Decorate your gingerbread houses
- Create a winter wonderland!
Gingerbread house materials
- Store bought or homemade gingerbread/graham crackers
- Structural icing from gingerbread house kit and decorative icing from Walmart
Gingerbread house candies
- Kit kats (to put on roof or walkway)
- Hershey kisses (to cover with icing and make into bushes)
- Sprinkles (a variety; candy canes, mistletoe, hearts, etc)
- M&m’s, Candy Corn, and Gumdrops (for roof, walkway, wonderland, etc)
- Candy Canes (to put around doors in the shape of a heart, on both sides of the house, or in front of the walkway standing up)
Gingerbread making tips
- If the house structure is falling put something on the sides to hold it up and set it safely in the fridge till the frosting holds the house together
- Break up graham crackers for “snow”
Gingerbread houses are the perfect Holiday get together activity to get everyone in the christmas spirit. Gingerbread house kits can be found at Walmart and Target that come with all the house pieces, icing, and decorations.
Donate to The Lance
All comments will be moderated and will normally be approved within 24 hours.