½ cup peanut butter
1 tsp of baking soda
½ cup of brown sugar
½ cup of chocolate chips
1 ¾ cups of flour
½ tsp salt
½ cup of shortening
¾ cup of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
2 tbsp of milk
96 candy eyes
48 miniature Reese’s cups (unwrapped and frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large bowl, beat together shortening, peanut butter, egg, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until blended.
- Form into 1” balls.
- Roll in sugar and place a couple of inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Immediately, gently press an upside down frozen peanut butter cup on top of each cookie and move to a wire rack to cool
- After placing and moving all of the cookies on the wire rack, put in place the candy eyes while chocolate is still slightly soft
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow cookies to firm.
- Put chocolate chips in the corner of a zippered sandwich bag.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, knead and repeat until chocolate has melted.
- Clip tiny piece off of the corner of bag to allow for piping and draw eight legs on each spider cookie.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow legs to set.