5 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 cup miniature marshmallows
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 cups rice krispies, separated
Green Food Coloring
1/3 cup Black Candy Melts or milk chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
Optional: chocolate jimmie sprinkles
24 miniature Reese’s cups
24 large edible eye candies
Edible Black Food gel
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper (or foil) and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot, add the butter and place over medium heat. Melt, stirring occasionally. As soon as the butter is melted, add 8 cups of miniature marshmallows. Stir constantly until the marshmallows are JUST melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt, and vanilla extract. Separate the mixture evenly into 2 bowls. Dye the marshmallow creme in one bowl green and the other bowl orange.
- Add 3 cups rice krispies cereal to each bowl.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated and then press the mixture gently into prepared pan. Lightly spritz your hands with cooking spray and then gently press down the krispies treats. Don’t press them too hard as you’ll get a denser krispie treat.
- Set the krispies aside to harden a bit. Meanwhile add the black candy melts or milk chocolate and vegetable oil to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in bursts of 15 seconds stirring in between each burst for 10 seconds until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Cut out the krispies to 12 even sized bars. Dip the top of each bar into the melted chocolate. If desired, add chocolate sprinkles to the top. Using the remaining melted chocolate and a spoon, carefully spoon some of the melted chocolate onto the back of the edible eyes and press to attach right below the “hair.” Do the same for the miniature Reese’s on both sides of the krispie treat.
- Let harden and then use the black food gel to pipe a zig-zag line for a mouth.