Oh, the places you’ll go: 17 Questions for the Class of 2017
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Class of 2017, do you want a chance to see Shawn Mendes?
You’re in luck!
Lancer Media has two Shawn Mendes tickets up for grabs. All seniors have to do is pose for Lancer Media and answer some of the 17 “Seussical” questions about your future plans.
Class of 2017: Lancer Media wants to know what your next “step” is. Is your destination high education? A career? Entering the armed forces?
Post alone or with friends who share similar plans. We will edit the photo to reveal your post-graduation plan.
Put on your hat, t-shirt or other gear and come to room C203 Periods 1, 2, or 3 to take the photo. Each person in the photo will be entered in the contest.
The picture will be posted on Main Street between April 24 and May 19. The winner of the tickets will be announced on social media on May 15 (Senior Picnic).
17 Questions for the Class of 2017:
1.“ Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away!”
What Great Places will you travel to this summer and after graduation? What is your college destination? Do you plan on studying abroad?
2. “You’ll look up and down streets. Look ‘em over with care. About some, you will say, ‘I don’t choose to go there.’ With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you’re too smart to go down any not-so-good street.”
What made this choice about your future stand out from any other paths you could’ve taken?
3. “Out there things can happen and frequently do to people as brainy and footsy as you.”
During your time at Linganore you’ve become a brainer person, what teacher has helped you become the brainy person you are today and how have they helped you?
4. “And when things start to happen, don’t worry. Don’t stew. Just go right along. You’ll start happening too.”
What do you expect to encounter in your future?
5. “You’ll be on your way up! You’ll be seeing great sights! You’ll join the high fliers who soar to great heights.”
What great sights are you looking forward to most?
6. “You won’t lag behind because you’ll have the speed. You’ll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you’ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.”
What do you think you are the best in right now? Who has helped you get to this point in life? What do you want to be the best in later in life?
7. “I’m sorry to say so but, sadly, it’s true that Bang-ups and Hang-ups can happen to you.”
What “Bang-ups and Hang-ups” do you anticipate?
8. “You will come to a place where the streets are not marked. Some windows are lightened. But mostly they are darkened. A place you could sprain your elbow and chain! Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in? How much can you lose? How much can you win?”
What places have you come to during your time at Linganore where you didn’t know which way to take? How have they made you the person you are?
9. “The Waiting Place… for people just waiting. Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for a Yes or No or waiting for their hair to grow. Everyone is just waiting.”
What’s something you’ve been waiting for to do after high school? What are some of your best memories at LHS?
10. “Somehow you’ll escape all that waiting and staying. You’ll find the bright places where Boom Bands are playing.”
What bright places are you hoping to be escaping to when you’re at school?
11. “With banner flip-flapping, once more you’ll ride high! Ready for anything under the sky. Ready because you’re that kind of guy!”
What has made you ready for your future plans? Who would you like to thank?
12. “Oh, the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done!”
What fun things do you plan to do after high school?
13. “There are points to be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all.”
What sports or extracurricular activities do you plan on participating in? What led you to this choice?
14. “And when you’re alone, there’s a very good chance you’ll meet things that scare you right out of your pants. There are some, down the road between hither and yon, that can scare you so much you won’t want to go on.”
What do you expect to ‘scare you right out of your pants’ as you move on with your future?
15. “But on you will go though the weather be foul. On you will though your enemies prowl. On you will though the Hakken-Kraks howl. Onward up many a frightening creek, though your arms may get sore and your sneakers may leak.”
How do you think you will deal with your enemies?
16. “On and on you will hike. And I know you’ll hike far and face up to your problems whatever they are.”
What problems have you had to face head on at Linganore? How did you handle yourself? Do you have any advice for underclassmen?
17. “You’ll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go.”
What kind of ‘strange birds’ will you encounter? Who are you looking forward to meeting in your future?